This plug in for WordPress is one of the most impressive currently available.
In summary, this will enable you to optimise all pages and posts for SEO once you have created the content.
When creating a post (or an article) the following information is entered:
• The SEO title-this is the 1st line that appears in the search engine
• The meta description-this is seen below the SEO title
• Keyword-it is worth remembering that the major search engines rank pages and posts NOT web sites.
After this information and the content in the article have been entered you then click on a key called “Page Analysis”. The plug in will analyse the information and produce a green light or a red light. From this it will be possible to take action so that each red light becomes a green light.
The sort of data that is analysed is as follows :
• Whether there are any images and whether there are alt tags
• The length of the page title as only so much is seen when searching
• Whether the page title contains the keyword
• How easy the article is to read-it may need shorter sentences
• The keyword density
It is very easy to take the necessary action to turn red lights into green lights, which will give you a greater chance of being indexed by the search engines.
It is very important to optimise each page or post, as these are what are indexed by the search engines.
Other features include following:
• Which pages appear in the search engines-for example, if you are selling a product you will not want the download page to be indexed.
• SEO Yoast automatically creates XML Sitemaps and notifies google and bing of the sitemaps’ existence
• There are options to notify yahoo and ask
• Once you have verified your site with google and bing it is so easy to enter these codes into the site.
When choosing a WordPress plug in, before checking the functionality it is
important to ensure that it has been favourably reviewed.
In conclusion, this could save you a lot of time and money, and the great thing is that the plug in is free.